Is small poops normal?

Sometimes one chicken, just like people, can get fat, but I don't think so here. Do you have any calcium pills? I would pop a 400 iu or something around that into her mouth. That will cause contractions, so if she has an egg stuck (egg bound) at least you're nipping that in the bud as she'd not live very much longer if that's what that was. It won't hurt her regardless and at least eliminate that as what's wrong.
Ok, I’ll do that. I’ll also give her a epsom salt bath.

I have a vet near my house, should I take her to the vet or try home treatment
Oh by all means if you can take her to the vet, please do that! We aren't vets, we are just experienced or learned this stuff through years of owning chickens. I'm scared that she's so overweight it's taxing her organs.

Is she moving around a little more lately? She really is a poof ball isn’t she? She looks like some of the ancient pictures of Perkins or Cochins. If you Google Cochin hens on the internet you will find lost of pictures similar to your hen. I don’t think she is eggbound because her comb is not red. She may start laying again as the daylight hours increase this spring. You would probably be spending lots of money for a vet when it may just be her breed.

Is she moving around a little more lately? She really is a poof ball isn’t she? She looks like some of the ancient pictures of Perkins or Cochins. If you Google Cochin hens on the internet you will find lost of pictures similar to your hen. I don’t think she is eggbound because her comb is not red. She may start laying again as the daylight hours increase this spring. You would probably be spending lots of money for a vet when it may just be her breed.
She doesn't move around much at all. 90% of the day she is sitting or standing with her head tucked a little. I'm kind of worried about her belly, it fits in the cusp of my hand and when I pick her up she feels very round. Her comb is normal and she eats and drinks, but her lack of activity and posture is concerning me. I'm going to take her to the vet today just to make sure. The price of the vet is manageble.

Please let us know if the vet thinks she may have reproductive disorder, ascites, or fatty liver. Hopefully, it is nothing too serious. I would tell them what all you have done so far, such as worming, checking her crop for emptying in the morning, etc.

She doesn't move around much at all. 90% of the day she is sitting or standing with her head tucked a little. I'm kind of worried about her belly, it fits in the cusp of my hand and when I pick her up she feels very round. Her comb is normal and she eats and drinks, but her lack of activity and posture is concerning me. I'm going to take her to the vet today just to make sure. The price of the vet is manageble.
Does her belly look/feel hard or swollen? If so, it's ascites aka waterbelly.

Does her belly look/feel hard or swollen? If so, it's ascites aka waterbelly.
Its large, but feel like a pad rather than a round belly. It's also softish but not too squishy, kind of elastic feeling and bounces back when i press it

Please let us know if the vet thinks she may have reproductive disorder, ascites, or fatty liver. Hopefully, it is nothing too serious. I would tell them what all you have done so far, such as worming, checking her crop for emptying in the morning, etc.
I'll let you know. The vet visit is tomorrow. My guess is they'll drain her belly after feeling it? Also, today she was a little more perky, but when I left I saw her resume to sitting/standing in one place. I threw one seed and she absolutely ran for it. She still seems to have a very big interest in food, although I am not giving her treats to prevent further weight gain.

Back
Top Bottom