Is something wrong with my chicken?

bbecca

Songster
6 Years
May 24, 2016
Oregon
I went in to check on my 7 week old chicks and one was sneezing? She prob sneezed about 5/6 times in a matter of a few minutes. And I noticed wet nostierals. But her behavior did not appear that she was sick or lethargic. She seemed like her usually self. Do I need to be concerned? Do I need to quarantine her? Or wait and see if it gets worse?

This is just my 2 cents but..I've had chicks, chickens and roosters (Only seen the big guys do it once and then no more..) do the same. In fact with my new hatch one chick sneezed a few times and then was good. I don't think its something to get over worried about. As long as she seems content and happy and is eating and drinking I don't think you will find any present problems.

-Mustang

I went in to check on my 7 week old chicks and one was sneezing? She prob sneezed about 5/6 times in a matter of a few minutes. And I noticed wet nostierals. But her behavior did not appear that she was sick or lethargic. She seemed like her usually self. Do I need to be concerned? Do I need to quarantine her? Or wait and see if it gets worse?
Sneezing and wet nostrils (mucous) can be a sign of respiratory illness.
Keep watch on her. Take time to listen and see if the others are sneezing as well.

If she continues to sneeze it would be best to separate her.

Back
Top Bottom