Is Something Wrong With My Serama Eggs?

If the temperatures have been low throughout the hatch, there is a chance they'll be late. Seramas oftentimes need assistance during hatch. Some people don't believe in this and think nature should take its course, but it's a personal thing. I assist if necessary. I've hatched a lot of chickens and ducks and this is how I feel. The reason it's said that you don't want to open an incubator during lockdown is because of humidity and that's more of an issue whenever you have external pips. As long as your incubator gets the temp and humidity back in a reasonable amount of time, it's OK. The link I shared is so helpful and full of knowledge.

I'm not giving up hope yet. My question now is, which temp do I believe? The incubator says it was at 100 but the brood thermometer says 94. Just in case I put the incubator setting up to like 103 and now the brood one says like 98.

Still air incubators should be set higher than forced air. I've not had any incubate at such low temperatures so I'm not sure what you'll want to do here. Do you have any other thermometers? That's a big difference. I know that @MGG has a lot going on this summer but I'm going to tag her in hopes of her being available. She'll have more advice.

Do you think it would be okay if I bought this?
Screenshot_20210730-083208_Chrome.jpg

My question now is, which temp do I believe?
Do you have any other thermometers?
Maybe a cooking thermometer, or one to measure the outdoor temperature, or one for an aquarium, or something?
More thermometers might help figure out what is actually correct.

With only two thermometers, it's clear that at least one is wrong. But it's not obvious which one.
Since the eggs have already been growing and developing, the incubator temperature must have been at least close to right, so I would not change things around just because the second thermometer says something different.

Back
Top Bottom