Is something wrong with my very sleepy pullet?

ceciliahz

Hatching
Apr 3, 2020
Hi there! I have 8 chickens- 6 of which are 16-18 week old rhode island red pullets. None of them are laying yet.

One of the pullets was acting a little off so I observed her and then separated her for 6 days to keep a closer eye and see if she got better.
She seemed like she was always resting and would stand, with her eyes starting to close. Always huddled in a corner or looking like she's dozing off.

I've only had the pullets for about 8 days and she was acting suspect the first two days. Once separated (in a dog crate in the house) she started to perk up. Her poop looks normal, eating and drinking fine. I reunited her in the coop today as she's been acting very alert the last few days and last night kept trying to fly out of the dog crate.

She seemed fine in the coop but then checking on her the last few hours she's back to the napping. When I went into the coop everyone scatters- she just looked up with eyes half closed and stayed resting.

I don't want this to be a vet visit what with covid and money but am of course paranoid about getting the other birds sick.

Any advice would be much appreciated! Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_3122.JPG
    IMG_3122.JPG
    574.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3761.JPG
    IMG_3761.JPG
    291 KB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom