Is something wrong with with her?

Apr 9, 2019
Maryland
I have a sweet hen named Cuckoo(Username). She has always twitched her head like she’s trying to itch it.
She also has patches of lost feathers around her head and other areas.

I think if it was mites everybody else would be like this. What could she have?

Can you post a video of her actions? (upload to youtube and provide a link)
Photos of the feather loss?

How long have you had her? If she's always twitched, then it may be "normal" for her - possibly a neurological tick?
Could the feather loss be molting? How old is she? Do you see any new feathers coming in ?

Patches of lost feathers around her head and other areas suggest possible molt. Inspect her closely for external parasites as well. The lost feathers could be from scratching.
I suspect it's the beginning of molt. Others will eventually begin to molt as well.

Patches of lost feathers around her head and other areas suggest possible molt. Inspect her closely for external parasites as well. The lost feathers could be from scratching.
I suspect it's the beginning of molt. Others will eventually begin to molt as well.
She has always been like that so I think it’s unlikely that she is molting.

Can you post a video of her actions? (upload to youtube and provide a link)
Photos of the feather loss?

How long have you had her? If she's always twitched, then it may be "normal" for her - possibly a neurological tick?
Could the feather loss be molting? How old is she? Do you see any new feathers coming in ?
She has always been like this so I don’t think she’s molting. She is a red sexlink and about 1.5 years old.

I can’t post a video but I can provide photos of her feathers.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    457.6 KB · Views: 7
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    359.7 KB · Views: 7

Back
Top Bottom