1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Is something wrong????

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by jodiea60, Jan 14, 2012.

1. jodiea60

jodiea60 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2011
    Arkansaw
    We open the coop every morning....Everyone comes down the ramp and starts their day! This am one of the roosters didn't come down....he remained in the coop all day...We checked on him and picked him up and checked him over....No apparent injuries eyes appear clear...no runny nose....he is usually the one to watch out for the girls....seemed to be head man....could he have been dethroned and was pouting all day?? He is a 5 month old silkie...All of them are silkies....1 frizzle....3 roos....5 hens...

2. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    I would say he's not feeling well. Keep a close watch on him....Sometimes a chicken can develop a respiratory illness and it slips right by you.....Look for some head shaking, also, put him outside and watch him walk around......Offer him a treat he really likes, and if he doesn't gobble it up, then there is something wrong.....

Keep me posted, and let me know what you find! Good luck,
    Sharon

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by