Is Tess a Rooster...?

OK...guys and gals...here is an update...

Tess is now 6 weeks old...the pic below was taken a week ago. I am having trouble figuring this out because all our hens have regular single, straight combs (cant remember what they are called exactly) Tess has a Rose Comb...which is way different.

She is sooooo much smaller than the other chickens but all our others are large breeds.

Whatcha think...Hen or Rooster?

*****************editing to add...I posted this originally before the site re-vamp (before there was a category for what breed or sex a chicken is). This post may need to be moved??

742165473_889942002b.jpg

Last edited:
Uh-oh......i say roo too. I forgot about getting to pics of mine, but they are 12 weeks and that comb is bigger. I'll try to get some pics on here tonight.

Lurky, I'd like to see yours...I have a 4-week old Silver Laced Wyandotte. She's looking definately pink but it's just flat skin...barely any hint of comb.

Uh, oh, if your 4 week old SLW is pink, actually pink, you may have a rooster. Mine weren't pink even at 7 weeks old. It started as yellowy-pink, sort of. However, the roosters in that breed feather out differently in color pattern around the hackles, so if you post a picture, someone may be able to confirm that you have a boy.

Last edited:
Oh my good lord...I have three "hens" and at least two are suspicious.

I'll get pics up in a separate post ASAP.

OK....here they are. One is a little blurry but it was the best i could do. Now one has a pea comb and one has a single. The one with them both is 10 weeks old and the other is 11 weeks. I hope these help.

P1020053.jpg

DSC_0530.jpg

tess needs renamed as testicle! We have both SSH pullets and a roo and your lil girl looks exactly like our roo who is 6 weeks old now.

Back
Top Bottom