is the egg dead?

Discussion in 'Geese' started by Crxtalann, May 31, 2010.

1. Crxtalann

Crxtalann New Egg

May 16, 2010
    DFW
    ok we are on day 18 with the egg and he has stopped moving. I can post pictures if you need to see it your self. I am really worried. he was doing fine and then this morning I discovered that the incubator was warmer than usually though the thermometer didn't show any change. It just felt hotter in there. When I candled the egg this morning around 8 he was very slow. So i lowered the light a little bit. LITTLE BIT! and 2 hours later he just isn't moving. Can I save him? Is there anything to be done? This is our first egg. i need him to be ok. please help us.

Annie Gibson
    www.franklinegg.blogspot.com

2. SeaHen

SeaHen Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2009
    Springfield, OR
    Annie, is there any news on Franklin? I'm trying to save/hatch 15 duck eggs whose mother got off the nest after being relocated, and yesterday I was sure one of them had died too. I'm thinking they're about halfway through their incubation period. I had checked on them after work and thought the air temperature was too high; plus, this one has a broken air sac. But this afternoon, just as I was contemplating whether to remove it from the incubator, I saw some minor movement! I'm praying for you and your sister and Franklin.

3. OmaBird

OmaBird Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    CA High Desert
    I found my incubator had felt extra hot when I was turning eggs. It was at 110. I thought for sure everything was dead. It was full of eggs. So I turned it down. I guess to much. The next morning it was 90. I did not have the best hatch, but many did hatch.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by