Is the weather messing up your hens laying pattern?

Jim Pryce

In the Brooder
8 Years
Mar 21, 2011
They were on a roll, the past 2 weeks, but with snow & rain here in Michigan returning this week, I have gotten only 3 eggs yesterday. Prior to yesterday & the day before I was getting a dozen to dozen and a half. Does Weather mess them up?

Sounds like your birds are mis-placed Floridians or something.
big_smile.png
big_smile.png

No, our strain doesn't care about anything, hardly, they just lay, lay, lay.

The weather isn't messing with the birds, but it is certainly messing with me. I am sick of it being cold and rainy where I am at. No snow thankfully, but I am just about up to my armpits in mud.
sad.png

Let's hope for warmer temps soon.

Quote:
Well hi there fellow Michigander! I have the same problem here. My chickens went from 8 eggs a day to a mere 3 for a while. The snow/ slush we’ve been having has really hit them. Day before yesterday they laid 8 eggs and then the whole mess started all over again.

It seems every breed, correction every bird could have its own personality. My Black Australorp, while very docile, is easily rattled. I stopped using the AM light because daylights are long now. She went on strike for 1 week. My Production Red would not slow for anything come rain, snow, heat, hawk, fox, molt. My high strung Leghorn...

Back
Top Bottom