chickens not laying

dday6342

In the Brooder
Nov 19, 2023
i have 3 isa browns there 9 months old they seem happy and healthy but not laying eggs anymore they were doign so good then just stopped it has been getting colder in tennessee so i figured maybe the weather change has got them messed up but i did read that young hens and with the cold weather i shouldnt expect eggs i just want to make sure my girls are ok

Attachments

• IMG_4972.jpeg
    IMG_4972.jpeg
    581.4 KB · Views: 38
:welcome Judging by the picture, your birds are in apparent good shape. Young birds generally lay through their first winter, but shortening day light period seems to be impacting yours.
:welcome Judging by the picture, your birds are in apparent good shape. Young birds generally lay through their first winter, but shortening day light period seems to be impacting your

:welcome Judging by the picture, your birds are in apparent good shape. Young birds generally lay through their first winter, but shortening day light period seems to be impacting yours.
ithought that might have something to do with it i didnt want to put in any supplemental lights in and mess them up thank you for your help

ithought that might have something to do with it i didnt want to put in any supplemental lights in and mess them up thank you for your help
Yes. Cold and short days make many hens stop laying. Maybe your hens are less extreme egg laying machines as many laying hybrids for the industry are in general.
Hens that have a break during moult or winter stay healthier and live longer. So there is a plus to it too.

But do check the poop and their skin for parasites if you’re not sure they have no health problem.

I give my hens chick or grower feed in winter.

Yes. Cold and short days make many hens stop laying. Maybe your hens are less extreme egg laying machines as many laying hybrids for the industry are in general.
Hens that have a break during moult or winter stay healthier and live longer. So there is a plus to it too.

But do check the poop and their skin for parasites if you’re not sure they have no health problem.

I give my hens chick or grower feed in winter.
i check there skin frequently im always worried they will get bugs lol there skin looms really good there poo looks pretty normal they eat, drink run around like nothing is wrong there still young and i no there a hubrid breed so i dont expect much as long as there happy and healthy

Back
Top Bottom