Is there a decent incubator for under $100?

Okay thanks. I will start looking around for a second hand one. . . anyone have one they want to sell?
smile.png
I really like the Brower Top Hatch.

Otherwise I think that I have an old cooler. I'll have to take pic and find out if I could make it work. . . it is not sytrofoam, but the lid is a little warp so it doesn't work very well as a cooler.

Cheapest way to go is the cooler. This one has a slight warp in the lid, but we sat it out in the sun with huge rocks on each corner of the lid. Helped some.
DCP_9625.jpg

Those little dorm fridges are much better insulated, though and a brand new one is about $100. Bet you could find one at a flea market with a shot compressor, which you dont need for the bator. My Fridge-a-Bator is made from one of the larger dorm fridges and works like a charm.

Before I bought my cabinet incubators I had a row of styrofoam incubators that hatched hundreds if not thousands of eggs.

Quote:
I am not saying that they are not good incubators, I just can not stand the squeak of styrofoam, or most other squeaks. I won't even eat green beans because they squeak when you eat them. I have a screw loose. . . I know.

Back
Top Bottom