is there a interest in some standard silkie eggs

woot.gif
How did you develop them?

Quote:
i started with a few abnormally huge silkies that i accidently found. working on breeding the original hens and their granddaughters with the best quality bigger roo i can find. we are working on making them more 'typy' too
smile.png

ill be posting a auction for 8+ eggs on the 20th. the auction will be for 5 days. i will gather eggs from the 25th-27th. just incase you all were wondering!

Four years ago I ordered from JM Hatchery and got Wooly (she weighs around 3.5 poulds, very large bodied for a silkie hen) Try contacting them? They sell only whites but I got a couple partridge and black from them. You could just weed out the single combs and breed your birds to them to achieve the correct comb.

522.jpg

523.jpg

526.jpg

524.jpg

525.jpg

Quote:
Don't mean to sound judgemental here, but have you actually weighed these birds, or are you just guessing the weight? I don't do bantams, but the idea of a LF Silkie does appeal to me! 8-10 pound hens sounds like what I would like to have, but do you have any pics with them on a scale like one of the posters did? Call me skeptical, but a 10 pound hen is more like the size of a Brahma. I'm from Missouri, the "show me state"!
gig.gif
Thanks!

Quote:
Don't mean to sound judgemental here, but have you actually weighed these birds, or are you just guessing the weight? I don't do bantams, but the idea of a LF Silkie does appeal to me! 8-10 pound hens sounds like what I would like to have, but do you have any pics with them on a scale like one of the posters did? Call me skeptical, but a 10 pound hen is more like the size of a Brahma. I'm from Missouri, the "show me state"!
gig.gif
Thanks!

i do not have a pic of one on a scale. but i can tell you this, they are as big as my Standard blue cochin roo. my smallest hen is about 6 lbs and the biggest is 10. the resulting chicks from these wont be as big, simply because i havent been keeping the roosters, i have been getting silkie roosters that are just a pound or 2 bigger than normal.
i have another seperate pen trying to get a big rooster, but that will be a while
also, if you look at the pic in the beggining, the hen standing next to a RIR hen is only abour 4-5 months old, and she was bigger than the RIR then, now she is bigger than my RIR

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom