is there a interest in some standard silkie eggs

shadowpaints

Songster
10 Years
Jun 20, 2009
Rigby, Idaho
ok so i know i have posted a few times about my birds. im working hard on getting the combs right, but thats going to be a long process and would love to see if there is some interest in buying some eggs to help us out. our adult standard silkie hens weigh about 8-10 lbs. for some reason some of the original pullets had a single comb we have them in with a buff rooster as that is all i have silkie wise with a correct comb. there are 11 white in the pen and 4 bantam silkies in the pen.
these girls go broody like crazy and can easily fit 12 egg under them lol

things we need to work on are:
better feathered legs and feet
combs.

i would like to see the vaulted skulls, but thats not important right now.

at the moment we are getting 5-7 eggs a day. i dont feel right shipping eggs for another 2 weeks as i had a cochin roo in there up untill a week ago. so i could take orders to ship out in 2 weeks or so, and i would know they would be pure.

what do you all think?

this is what the hens look like

next to a sexlink hen (pic from last year)

i have come to realize i cannot do this with just one other person helping me

should i just post a auction for eggs and see what happens?

Last edited:

Batty about Banties

Songster
8 Years
Feb 12, 2011
Gorge
OMgosh those are too cute!!!
I would definatley be interested but I have never done the "breeding" thing so I dont know how to change combs or feathered feet......

Batty about Banties

Songster
8 Years
Feb 12, 2011
Gorge
Quote:basicly it would be having a really good quality silkie roo with the correct comb and correct feathering

If I happen to come across one Ill grab him up and then let ya know!!

muddyhorse

Songster
10 Years
Aug 11, 2009
Bloomsdale, MO
Quote:basicly it would be having a really good quality silkie roo with the correct comb and correct feathering

He is nice he won bv at an apa show. he is splash though. are yours mostly white ? I have a white boy that would work too not as big he has shown well.

shadowpaints

Songster
10 Years
Jun 20, 2009
Rigby, Idaho

He is nice he won bv at an apa show. he is splash though. are yours mostly white ? I have a white boy that would work too not as big he has shown well.

most of my hens are white yes. i have 4 black ones in there to tho but they are bantams. the roo does not have to be white. would like to work on other colors as well

Last edited:

Top Bottom