Is there a scam artist out there racking in expensive birds? RANT and seeking advice

tnchickenut

It's all about the Dels!
9 Years
10 Years
Jan 24, 2010
Englewood, TN
Ok. I'll try to keep this simple...

4/2 I shipped Sulmtaler hatching eggs out to the winner of a online auction on the most popular auction site (surely you can figure out which one). The winning bid was $76, shipping included. Like I said, I shipped 4/2/13. I also wrote a message to the buyer that they shipped. No reply and no messages about lost packages or anything.

Skip forward, 4/18... get feedback (positive) that says "where are they. been long time."

Am I getting set up to have that site's "buyer protection" hit me with a automatic refund?!

Here is additional evidence:
buyer has bought 50-100 items on ebay -- all expensive hatching eggs... created the account mid Feb 2013
So in roughly 1.5 months this guy spent literally THOUSANDS of dollars on bird eggs. It smells like a scam artist to me.

So I turned him into ebay as a possible scam artist. And more than anything, what I want from this thread is to hear if any of you have sold expensive chicken and waterfowl eggs on said site and have had something like this happen. PM me for the users name. All the listings I looked at (roughly 20 of them) were birds imported or rare.

Also, I'm gonna dig tomorrow but I'm pretty sure that I shipped this box with cash and who knows where the receipt is by now. After about a week I toss them because by then you would have had a email saying they didn't come. I mean, I do tell people they sent the day they sent.

Never hatched so sorry if dumb question but would the eggs have been useless by the time he did leave that message? Thinking if they really were hatching eggs that response is quite strange

Never hatched so sorry if dumb question but would the eggs have been useless by the time he did leave that message? Thinking if they really were hatching eggs that response is quite strange
Yes, they wouldn't hatch by now. They would be too old. I don't get his feedback either. Seems if there is a issue you say something sooner and in a message, not feedback. I still say he is setting it up to get his money back. I think he got the eggs, even hatched the eggs, and this is how he affords all those expensive breeds.

Here is a tip. I have to ship things on occasions and their PO or them doesnt seem to be very safe..Last time i shipped 140$ worth of clothes. THey didnt show up after a week. I send them a picture of the recipt i took,, magically the next day the package came..... ALWAYS take a cell phone pic of the recipt, this way even if you loose the receipt you have proof. With expensive things always insure and include this into the buyers total

Here is a tip. I have to ship things on occasions and their PO or them doesnt seem to be very safe..Last time i shipped 140$ worth of clothes. THey didnt show up after a week. I send them a picture of the recipt i took,, magically the next day the package came..... ALWAYS take a cell phone pic of the recipt, this way even if you loose the receipt you have proof. With expensive things always insure and include this into the buyers total

Yeah, I usually hold onto it for awhile, and if the buyer wants I can scan it and make it a file. I think from now on I'll be making it a habit to send a scan of it even when they don't ask for it.

I couldn't sleep at all last night over this and some other things going on... so I was up investigating and this buyer hasn't left feedback for anyone that I seen. Of course I didn't check every single win he had, but I checked a good chunk of them. I suppose there is also a chance that he has me confused with someone else. But I find that unlikely.

ETA: I like your Popcorn pic. ;)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom