Is there a way to prevent a rooster from crowing??

But to answer your question. No. Roosters will always crow. I’ve heard other members talk about some collar but I know nothing about it.

Yes it was a mix up. The dumb guy at TSC gave us 2 straight run cornish X. Hen and rooster. We were supposed to get two golden comets, but no. Now we have 2 six week old cornish X.

Will you be processing the female cornish x?

Do you free feed them?

I’m curious why that one is small. I wonder if it’s a cornish x at all.

TSC workers aren’t trained in chickens unfortunately and they are just as lost as the next person when it comes to chicks. My husband goes there a lot so when he buys chicks he is right there with them and points to each individual exact chick he wants 😂

We will know next time:barnie. They are on Organic starter/grower free feed. We will not be processing the female. As my username suggests, I am a newbie and was wondering, can you breed cornish x together to get more cornish x, or is it a hybrid?
Also they look small in my opinion and from my current knowledge.

We will know next time:barnie. They are on Organic starter/grower free feed. We will not be processing the female. As my username suggests, I am a newbie and was wondering, can you breed cornish x together to get more cornish x, or is it a hybrid?

To my knowledge Cornish X are artificially inseminated so they will not reproduce on their own because they will get so big that they can’t even walk and/or will die of a heart attack if not culled unfortunately.

I personally don’t ever get Cornish X because I feel that’s a cruel and unnatural thing for a bird but they are great for meat for those who like the meat to feed ratio.

Sorry to hear that they gave you the wrong chicks. Have you tried calling them and seeing if they’ll replace them?

Back
Top Bottom