Is there a way to turn off the stuff on the right hand side?

gale65

Songster
9 Years
Aug 19, 2010
north central indiana
My Coop
My Coop
Is there some setting so that it doesn't show up for me? I'm not suggesting taking it off for everyone but it's so distracting to see it. It's the reviews thing, the tags thing, the currently viewing thing. They make the posts really narrow and seeing them out the corner of my eye is really bothering me. And while I'm at it, any way to make the background not such a bright white? Other than altering my monitor, which is calibrated for photo editing?

Last edited:
If there is a way it is only available to platinum members. I am a golden feather and I don't have the ability. If it is I think I would upgrade just for that feature!

I don't think GFMs have the ability to change it, I sure tried. Those recent reviews sure are annoying...I don't keep chickens, I hang out here for ducks and other animals, and the chickens are all they seem to be talking about. Kind of like someone talking on a cell phone in the booth next to you while you are trying to have conversation with dinner companions...
hmm.png

Since I'm a freeloader I don't have many options. None of them are fixing what is bothering me. I can't afford to pay to come here so I guess if I don't like it, I better not let the door hit me on the way out.

You don't have to pay to come here. All the info and help are free. I was able to pay to enjoy the extra pm storage but it wasn't crucial to me using the site. I can't turn the stuff on the right side off either. I have the option to ignore the stuff or pay for the platinum membership to get rid of it. Either way the info is still free and you can still enjoy the site. I think after a while our eyes will stop registering it and will ignore it.

If only PPM's can turn off the side bar with all the REALLY annoying reviews and ads, how do we get that? All I see in the store is the GFM membership. I don't like the reviews, if I wanted to see it, I'd look it up on my own!

Yes I found it. Go up to the top and go to the learning center and keep scrolling down till you find the post on BYC memberships...I found it through there. I think I am going to upgrade as well.
sharon

The problem here is we change it for you and then another doesn't like that change so we change it for them. Then the next person doesn't like that. And it goes on and on and on through 100,000 plus people. No matter how this is laid out some will be unhappy.

Useful or not, I personally can't handle the sidebars. I would prefer to do a tag search or do a regular search or even a google site search than have to look at sidebars all the time. Unfortunately the only way to turn off sidebars is to use adblock which turns off ads.

I know your busy and things are just settling down here but it seems like an awful lot of people would like to be able to turn off things in the sidebar.

I don't think I have seen even one person say "Hey, I love those reviews, keep them there!". So if you must have a sidebar, maybe just change what's in it.

For right now, I've switched to Chrome - with adblock I can turn off everything I want - and I'm only doing it because of the reviews.

I suspect, like all new platforms, the developers must come up with a solution, visually.  The Breed Reviews are likely only a place holder, as it makes no sense to spotlight that intrusion as important information.  Something else is likely intended for that spot.  The developers will have to present ad space differently.  Constraining the sides isn't a solution, as Ad Block will rule the day and make the site unprofitable to operate.  Until this gets sorted out, Ad Block is on and very effective here.

Maybe but I don't want anything in that place. I like a full width forum and ads on top and bottom of the page.

Back
Top Bottom