Is there a way to turn off the stuff on the right hand side?

I don't mind ads , but the side bar........i may use ad blocker to get rid of the side bar...heck even with GF i don't turn off the ads.....but i do hate that side bar reviews.

I don't mind ads , but the side bar........i may use ad blocker to get rid of the side bar...heck even with GF i don't turn off the ads.....but i do hate that side bar reviews.

I suspect, like all new platforms, the developers must come up with a solution, visually. The Breed Reviews are likely only a place holder, as it makes no sense to spotlight that intrusion as important information. Something else is likely intended for that spot. The developers will have to present ad space differently. Constraining the sides isn't a solution, as Ad Block will rule the day and make the site unprofitable to operate. Until this gets sorted out, Ad Block is on and very effective here.

Last edited:

I agree with Mr. Deerman. I don't have a problem with the ads. They pay for the site, that is fine with me. It is the reviews that I don't like. As I've said before, I have the chickens I want and if I wanted a review on a new breed, I would contact breeders of the ones I am looking for.

If anything, make the reviews a separate tab at the top with everything else.

I agree with Mr. Deerman. I don't have a problem with the ads. They pay for the site, that is fine with me. It is the reviews that I don't like. As I've said before, I have the chickens I want and if I wanted a review on a new breed, I would contact breeders of the ones I am looking for.

If anything, make the reviews a separate tab at the top with everything else.

Or the "click" option button if one wants to have the reviews and tabs on or off. I agree with deerman.

Eventually it will sort itself out. Regardless where BYC is going, it will stay as long we are still doing our thing on here.

Don't know why, but I don't have ANY ads! Wish I knew what I've done. I hate it when things just disappear.

The thing I don't like most, is you can't go to a particular post, or I haven't found out how to do it yet.

I suspect, like all new platforms, the developers must come up with a solution, visually.  The Breed Reviews are likely only a place holder, as it makes no sense to spotlight that intrusion as important information.  Something else is likely intended for that spot.  The developers will have to present ad space differently.  Constraining the sides isn't a solution, as Ad Block will rule the day and make the site unprofitable to operate.  Until this gets sorted out, Ad Block is on and very effective here.

Maybe but I don't want anything in that place. I like a full width forum and ads on top and bottom of the page.

Something is going on, maybe they are working on changes. When I'm in a main forum listing now I don't see tags or reviews, only the "who's online" box if I scroll down.
However, when I'm inside a thread I do see everything.

There are different templates for the forum listing and the threads, so I'm guessing they are testing something in the main forum template. Bottom line, be patient peeps, they hear you and they're figuring out a better way to do things.

Something is going on, maybe they are working on changes. When I'm in a main forum listing now I don't see tags or reviews, only the "who's online" box if I scroll down.
However, when I'm inside a thread I do see everything.

There are different templates for the forum listing and the threads, so I'm guessing they are testing something in the main forum template. Bottom line, be patient peeps, they hear you and they're figuring out a better way to do things.

Hmm.. I never saw the reviews on the main forums, only when inside a thread. That could be the firefox ad blocker tho.

Back
Top Bottom