Is there any chance this could be a Welsummer pullet

amosgonz

In the Brooder
May 7, 2015
This is my Welsummer chick. It was supposed to be a pullet but as it's getting bigger, I am having serious doubts. It is growing much faster than the others, the coloring isn't what I think it should be, and it's comb is much bigger than my other chicks, although they are different breeds. Please let me know your thoughts. I can't have a roo so need to get on re-homing him if he is a roo. Thanks

Thanks for your replies. As this is my first flock and I am learning "on the fly", I suspected this which is why I put it out there. But as experts, what is your reasoning? Much appreciated. Thanks

Thanks for your replies. As this is my first flock and I am learning "on the fly", I suspected this which is why I put it out there. But as experts, what is your reasoning? Much appreciated. Thanks
The large red comb and wattles, and the long pointed sickle feathers in the tail.

That is a hen, I know because I have researched a hen welsummer, they are big chickens and they have a big comb even as a hen. If it was a rooster it would have a bigger comb at that age.

Back
Top Bottom