Is there any male quail who never crows?

They're going to get more aggressive as they get older. The best ratio is 1 roo to 3-5 hens.

If they've already fought once you should probably start seriously thinking about:
1. How many quail you want (do you want to give each boy a harem)
2. Which boy(s) do you want to keep (if you want to stay with 3-5 birds, you only want 1)
3. What are you going to do with your extra boy(s) (eat, cull, try to rehome) knowing that rehoming a roo is not easy.
I will keep all of them, maybe I will seperate the two boys (not sure 2 or 3, lol). I tried hard to find someone to sell me more girls, but I couldnt find anyone so far.

I've never seen a roo that doesn't crow at all though I've had some that crow very little and/or crow very quietly/politely. If they're also pleasant with the hens I breed them so their sons are nice and quiet.

vent sexing is hard. (my birds like flapping.)

I have a boy who is decently quiet and he has only one female. he's very gentle and the girl he's with doesn't have any feathers missing. she just has a cute little tuft of feathers... it's adorable. :)

If a roo subordinates to the dominat roo, it is likely that it wouldn't crow.
I once butchered an overdominat roo and the left over, very calm and not crowing roo, mutated to a total macho crowing and "raping" all hens brutally non stop, nearly imeadiately.

Also ended in the pan 🙈
Oops, do you still have any roo left? Lol

I've never seen a roo that doesn't crow at all though I've had some that crow very little and/or crow very quietly/politely. If they're also pleasant with the hens I breed them so their sons are nice and quiet.
Wow, you make a real family. Actually, that s my goal too. But it seems like I have only boys. Still waiting for my first egg to make sure I have 1 girl.

Back
Top Bottom