Is there any male quail who never crows?

vent sexing is hard. (my birds like flapping.)

I have a boy who is decently quiet and he has only one female. he's very gentle and the girl he's with doesn't have any feathers missing. she just has a cute little tuft of feathers... it's adorable. :)

I actually keep some of my japanese quails in pairs (including a pair of boys). I had a pair of A&Ms who were perfect for each other. They were also super tame, so I free ranged them a lot. Sadly, the female died leaving the male heart broken 😢

If a roo subordinates to the dominat roo, it is likely that it wouldn't crow.
I once butchered an overdominat roo and the left over, very calm and not crowing roo, mutated to a total macho crowing and "raping" all hens brutally non stop, nearly imeadiately.

Also ended in the pan 🙈

This literally just happened to me this week... I culled a boy after he hurt one of the girls. And one who never crowed or caused problems suddenly realized now was his time to act if he wanted to be the alpha. He started harassing everyone! Even tried to pick a fight with my male Bobwhite which isn't a good idea. He is now in the time out box in the bathroom. Perfect gentleman by himself....

Back
Top Bottom