Is there any possibility this is a pullet?

ks chick

Chirping
9 Years
May 27, 2015
We hatched eggs at the end of the school year and I was told the eggs could be either speckled sussex, easter eggers, splash, or silkies. I am thinking this 4 1/2-week-old chick is an EE, but I may be getting it wrong. This chick has been way bigger than other chicks that I feel are clearly EE chicks. I didn't witness the hatch and what eggs they came from I just took them home a week after they hatched. I read forums from Backyard Chickens all the time and I know that your gender guesses are almost always accurate. I also know I may be asking for gender identification too soon for this guy or gal, I would just love it if Moose (my name for this chick ) was a pullet. Thank you for your help. I do have EE, Silkie, Polish, and Jersey Giant hens now in my coop and a house chicken name Sugar who is a Light Brahma. IMG_0423.jpeg IMG_0425.jpeg IMG_0431.jpeg IMG_0439.jpeg IMG_0448.jpeg IMG_0425.jpeg

UPDATE: I hope I am doing this right, I never post anything so I am sorry if I am not doing this correctly. I originally posted a gender question and now my baby is 6 weeks old. I am kind of worried I almost think I see a little pink in the comb, but you guys have more expertise so here are updates of what I think is an EE.

IMG_0448 (1).jpeg

IMG_0514.jpeg

Sorry about the toilet in the background, the chicks are in my spare bedroom/bathroom.

Attachments

• IMG_0441.jpeg
    IMG_0441.jpeg
    373.7 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0555.jpeg
    IMG_0555.jpeg
    305.8 KB · Views: 6
Looks like a pullet to me still.

Also, wouldn't this be somewhere around 10.5 weeks old at this point with the original post saying 4.5 weeks, and that was around 6 weeks ago?

Edit: I am bad at math, the previous post was from ~2 weeks ago, not a month and a half.

Last edited:
Sorry, I should have stated that 2 weeks ago when the chicks were approximately 4 weeks old is when I posted the pictures and now 2 weeks later the chick is 6 weeks old now. I sure appreciate your help. Also, do EE's have feathers on their feet? I know certain breeds do but didn't think EE's had feathered feet. This particular chick does have a small amt of feathers I guess on the leg not the foot like my silkies.

We hatched eggs at the end of the school year and I was told the eggs could be either speckled sussex, easter eggers, splash, or silkies. I am thinking this 4 1/2-week-old chick is an EE, but I may be getting it wrong. This chick has been way bigger than other chicks that I feel are clearly EE chicks. I didn't witness the hatch and what eggs they came from I just took them home a week after they hatched. I read forums from Backyard Chickens all the time and I know that your gender guesses are almost always accurate. I also know I may be asking for gender identification too soon for this guy or gal, I would just love it if Moose (my name for this chick ) was a pullet. Thank you for your help. I do have EE, Silkie, Polish, and Jersey Giant hens now in my coop and a house chicken name Sugar who is a Light Brahma. View attachment 3158768View attachment 3158769View attachment 3158770View attachment 3158771View attachment 3158772View attachment 3158769

Sorry, I should have stated that 2 weeks ago when the chicks were approximately 4 weeks old is when I posted the pictures and now 2 weeks later the chick is 6 weeks old now. I sure appreciate your help. Also, do EE's have feathers on their feet? I know certain breeds do but didn't think EE's had feathered feet. This particular chick does have a small amt of feathers I guess on the leg not the foot like my silkies.

Back
Top Bottom