Is there any rooster that is dosile

Sonoran Silkies

Flock Mistress
11 Years
Jan 4, 2009
Tempe, Arizona
Most of my silkie boys are fairly docile, but some folks have had aggressive ones. Probably the most aggressive roosters I ha ve ever encountered were bantam cochins. My current modern game bantam roosters are very docile, but I had a couple that were pretty aggressive. My plymouth rocks have always been quite docile, although I have heard tales about aggressive ones. Some lines of a breed tend towards being more docile or aggressive.

WalkingOnSunshine

Crowing
11 Years
Apr 8, 2008
Ohio
Most of my silkie boys are fairly docile, but some folks have had aggressive ones. Probably the most aggressive roosters I ha ve ever encountered were bantam cochins. My current modern game bantam roosters are very docile, but I had a couple that were pretty aggressive. My plymouth rocks have always been quite docile, although I have heard tales about aggressive ones. Some lines of a breed tend towards being more docile or aggressive.

I agree, it's more about the line than the breed. I've had a completely wonderful Rhode Island Red, and they're supposed to be hellions. I had an aggressive EE I had to get rid of.

I think if you get your boy from a breeder, you can ask their philosophy about breeding. Ask if they cull for aggression. If they do, then their line is more likely to be non-aggressive than a breeder who only breeds for type/color rather than temperament.

That being said, I've never heard of an aggressive Cochin, either.

Top Bottom