Is there any rooster that is dosile

Most of my silkie boys are fairly docile, but some folks have had aggressive ones. Probably the most aggressive roosters I ha ve ever encountered were bantam cochins. My current modern game bantam roosters are very docile, but I had a couple that were pretty aggressive. My plymouth rocks have always been quite docile, although I have heard tales about aggressive ones. Some lines of a breed tend towards being more docile or aggressive.

Most of my silkie boys are fairly docile, but some folks have had aggressive ones. Probably the most aggressive roosters I ha ve ever encountered were bantam cochins. My current modern game bantam roosters are very docile, but I had a couple that were pretty aggressive. My plymouth rocks have always been quite docile, although I have heard tales about aggressive ones. Some lines of a breed tend towards being more docile or aggressive.

I agree, it's more about the line than the breed. I've had a completely wonderful Rhode Island Red, and they're supposed to be hellions. I had an aggressive EE I had to get rid of.

I think if you get your boy from a breeder, you can ask their philosophy about breeding. Ask if they cull for aggression. If they do, then their line is more likely to be non-aggressive than a breeder who only breeds for type/color rather than temperament.

That being said, I've never heard of an aggressive Cochin, either.

Back
Top Bottom