Is there any way to get solid poop?

Isley

Chirping
8 Years
Mar 29, 2011
I was wondering if there was any way to get chickens to have solid poo more often. The chickens tend to step in and flap around in liquid poo a lot...
lol.png

I have two out of eight chickens with runny poop. If I feed them plain yogurt (I make my own) their poop firms up and is good for about 2 days. I do slack off on keeping up with the yogurt though.

?? If they have a healthy and balanced diet it shouldn't consistently be liquid... I occasionally see a wet one, but it's hardly a pattern... Maybe not enough roughage or something?
idunno.gif

It might be the particular brand of feed you're using. I feed Countryside Naturals, and all but the cecal poops are firm and odorless. Which reminds me, I need to reorder.

Quote:
Ditto! We had stinkers from Nutrena feed, but nice on Purina Layena. Others swear Purina is
sickbyc.gif
. But it works for us. I'll try to post a picture of poops from Purina Layena (and whatever they find in the yard). These poops are solid/poofy, not wet. I enjoy scooping them up with a doggy pooper scooper. Because Scooping Poop is TheraPOOtic.

Back
Top Bottom