Is there anything i can do about this?

Johnn

Crowing
8 Years
Sep 5, 2011
The school i live oposite to have got some chickens 6 of them, thye have totally forgot about them and me and my friend have been feeding and watering them, they are buff orpingtons and also trhey are in a very small pen and there shed is less then a metre by a metre, tyhey have no perches and have to sleep on the dirty floor, what should i do? if there is anything i can do?

Can you call the principal of the school and ask what their plans are for the chickens? Maybe you could offer to give them a home or find them a home if the school no longer wants them. If nothing else, maybe place a call to animal control and let them know you'd be willing to take them or find them a home. Wish I had better advice for you

there is 3 hens and 3 cockerels, i could only take the hens, my mams friend is a cleaner at the school so i will ask her about them

Just walk over with a book for dummies for chickens or explain your concerns. Ask what the plans are for the little kids? Ask if you can help them out and teach the kids how to do it the proper way?

well the head teacher has loads at her farm and hatched loads out at the school, she probableys knows how to care for them but just isnt doing it

I'd call the Superintendent of your school district and ask about the neglectful situation of the chickens. If the principal doesn't know what's going on at their own school, pointing it out to them isn't likely to change much. A call from the school district will light fires under everyone's ass.

Former teacher, here.

Back
Top Bottom