Is there anyway to get a cockerel to start crowing? Just wondering

Joecola123

In the Brooder
10 Years
Aug 1, 2009
Hello i have a silver laced cochin cockerel who is about 13-14 weeks old and still not crowing i wanted to see if there is any way i can get him to crow to prove to my family that he is really a boy. They are in denile lol

Oh how cute..most threads I have read are how to get them to STOP crowing. Cant answer though..sorry
idunno.gif

mine usually start when they hear another one crow- some at a very young age- if you don't have another roo- try making crowing noises to them- it may encourage them to start- as previously posted- most people are trying to figure out how to make them NOT crow-lol good luck! Janet

I agree that crowing at them makes them crow. My boys can't stand to let me outdo them.

Not that I am speaking from personal experience, of course.....
wink.png

Last edited:
Find you a rooster crowing ringtone for a cell phone.
I play one whenever I want to mess with my roo's head. I let him hear it, but not see me. Drives him crazy crowing!
lol.png

(yes, I have wayyyyyy too much time on my hands!
tongue.png
)

Quote:
This is exactly what I did with my roo. He'd cock his head to the side and then shake himself and let out a croak!!! It was soo funny!! But it worked!!! Then he went and got himself eaten by a predator that same week! Made me so mad!

Back
Top Bottom