Is there something wrong with him?

I let him out yesterday and I let him run around our house but he decided to stick to laying under our chair and then I put him on my really soft blanket which he loved, he started doing zoomies like they do when they dive under water.
He needs vitamin b
Vitamin D and E
He is lacking something
Go grab infant poly vi sol drops without iron but try the E and B first
Put a few drops on a treat
Then make him scrambled eggs take a little section of them and add vitamin E. I would open the E gel and squirt it directly on the egg
My little guy gobbled it right up
I would also treat him with vitamin B complex 1 ml over treats or can add to the scrambled egg. Again just add it to a little bit so you know he eats it all then you can give more egg after
I’ve added pics of the meds

Attachments

• 26580F17-2E98-4D6C-9CE7-82E87339074A.png
    26580F17-2E98-4D6C-9CE7-82E87339074A.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
  • 168A73B0-B8D3-4F98-9015-8E26EBF2A6DE.png
    168A73B0-B8D3-4F98-9015-8E26EBF2A6DE.png
    787.8 KB · Views: 2
  • 2952828F-DA64-4743-8B65-F08B139C597B.png
    2952828F-DA64-4743-8B65-F08B139C597B.png
    798.9 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
He needs vitamin b
Vitamin D and E
He is lacking something
Go grab infant poly vi sol drops without iron but try the E and B first
Put a few drops on a treat
Then make him scrambled eggs take a little section of them and add vitamin E. I would open the E gel and squirt it directly on the egg
My little guy gobbled it right up
I would also treat him with vitamin B complex 1 ml over treats or can add to the scrambled egg. Again just add it to a little bit so you know he eats it all then you can give more egg after
I’ve added pics of the meds
I'm letting him run around right now and hes definitely being more open instead of hiding, he doesn't care if Newt messes with him, hes making tons of happy noises and hes also chasing me like Newt does! I'm glad to see his personality come out more.
I will definitely give him all of those meds though! We should be able to go out sometime today and get them.

I think I've got all the help I need, if not I'll be back again but I have one last question. I've noticed his feet overlap when he stands and the way he walks his feet point inwards. He does sometimes trip but not a lot, as far as I know hes only tripped once and hes been out for 20 minutes. Is it something I should be concerned about?

The liquid B Complex is what you want to help with this, it's a niacin deficiency. The B complex will help it may not go away completely if it's been going on for a while but the liquid B can sure help. Make sure he gets good exercise along with the B complex. Water therapy is the best for helping to build leg muscles.

I think I've got all the help I need, if not I'll be back again but I have one last question. I've noticed his feet overlap when he stands and the way he walks his feet point inwards. He does sometimes trip but not a lot, as far as I know hes only tripped once and hes been out for 20 minutes. Is it something I should be concerned about?
That’s the niacin issue possibly
Doing the B complex and adding nutritional yeast to the feed 1cup feed to 1tbs of nutritional yeast
The b complex can take a few weeks for noticeable improvements
I give the yeast from birth to 10-12 weeks every feed
As adults I do this a few times a week just sprinkling it over the bowl but now that winter is here I’m back to daily

Keep him on the B Complex for at least a week after you see him really improving. Hopefully in less than a month. Keep us updated on how he is doing.
The Nutritional yeast can help him after he has improved. Can't say for sure how long it will take before you see improvements but sometimes it's less than a week. :fl

Hey everyone! Totally forgot to update this but Lovebug (we changed his name to Buzzard, named after a Vulture because he stands like one) is doing better! His getting his green head and dark brown chest!
My only last concern is about Newt and Buzzard's relationship. They have been hanging out quite a while now and have known each since Buzzard hatched because I showed him to Newt but didn't let her get close.
Newt rarely gets close to him but when she does, she nips and pecks at him and sometimes jumps on top of him and will bite down on his neck (kind of like how males do to females when mating) and she's only done it about twice, shes attempted to a few times though. She'll vibrate her neck and extend her head forward at him before jumping.
He hasn't done anything to her and doesn't pay attention to him, she only does it when he's near me and when he's on my lap or hanging out with me, she glares at us with such hatred lol. She's been like this ever since we introduced them when he got bigger and let them hangout which has been over a month now I think. I'm not sure they'll ever become friends, she's not much of a duck who enjoys company of other ducks, she got scared near our Mallards and didn't want to go near them.
She sees me as her territory and doesn't enjoy others (like Buzzard) going near me, and as much as she loves my mom, sometimes she runs from her to me lol.

I just wanted to explain that and ask if there was anything to do or if it'd be a better option rehoming Buzzard because I could never give Newt up. I don't think Newt would make good in a flock especially because she was raised with humans and she prefers our company and I think she'd be quite aggressive to others and Buzzard probably wouldn't be good in a flock with males or aggressive females since he doesn't stand up for himself, he lets Newt do whatever or he'll run away and hide.

Hey everyone! Totally forgot to update this but Lovebug (we changed his name to Buzzard, named after a Vulture because he stands like one) is doing better! His getting his green head and dark brown chest!
My only last concern is about Newt and Buzzard's relationship. They have been hanging out quite a while now and have known each since Buzzard hatched because I showed him to Newt but didn't let her get close.
Newt rarely gets close to him but when she does, she nips and pecks at him and sometimes jumps on top of him and will bite down on his neck (kind of like how males do to females when mating) and she's only done it about twice, shes attempted to a few times though. She'll vibrate her neck and extend her head forward at him before jumping.
He hasn't done anything to her and doesn't pay attention to him, she only does it when he's near me and when he's on my lap or hanging out with me, she glares at us with such hatred lol. She's been like this ever since we introduced them when he got bigger and let them hangout which has been over a month now I think. I'm not sure they'll ever become friends, she's not much of a duck who enjoys company of other ducks, she got scared near our Mallards and didn't want to go near them.
She sees me as her territory and doesn't enjoy others (like Buzzard) going near me, and as much as she loves my mom, sometimes she runs from her to me lol.

I just wanted to explain that and ask if there was anything to do or if it'd be a better option rehoming Buzzard because I could never give Newt up. I don't think Newt would make good in a flock especially because she was raised with humans and she prefers our company and I think she'd be quite aggressive to others and Buzzard probably wouldn't be good in a flock with males or aggressive females since he doesn't stand up for himself, he lets Newt do whatever or he'll run away and hide.
My daisy use to do the vibrate and lunge towards my peep too
Took awhile of letting them out supervised I didn’t jump in unless it was bad. The little actions she is doing is just establishing who is boss
My daisy and peep now are inseparable. I have 16 ducks now and those two are glued to each other. They will get better but need continuous time together for that to happen
Try giving treats while they are both there
Try not to jump in unless he was getting inured
As long as she isn’t plucking his feathers out the pecking is not going to hurt him

Back
Top Bottom