Is there something wrong with my chicken

Probably a Frazzle (meaning it had two frizzled parents). Poor thing. They don't live more than a year or two at most. Did you get it from a breeder? If so, don't buy any more of their birds. Breeding two frizzled birds together is a really bad practice. It causes all sorts of problems, not just extra curly feathers that can be a bit brittle. The double dose of the gene also affects organ function, causing seemingly sudden death in what seemed to be otherwise healthy, young birds. No good breeder would intentionally breed frizzle to frizzle.

Probably a Frazzle (meaning it had two frizzled parents). Poor thing. They don't live more than a year or two at most. Did you get it from a breeder? If so, don't buy any more of their birds. Breeding two frizzled birds together is a really bad practice. It causes all sorts of problems, not just extra curly feathers that can be a bit brittle. The double dose of the gene also affects organ function, causing seemingly sudden death in what seemed to be otherwise healthy, young birds. No good breeder would intentionally breed frizzle to frizzle.

Oh no our poor little chicken. It and my son are best buddies. The people who I bought some silkies off gave it to my son. He got given it by someone who he bought geese off but didn't have time to look after it. Poor little chicken

Hello!

Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to join the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC. So sad to hear the fate of such a sweet young baby. Good luck with her, she's lucky to have you to care for her. :hugs

Back
Top Bottom