Is there still hope...?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by StevieNacole, Feb 10, 2012.

1. StevieNacole

StevieNacole Out Of The Brooder

Apr 27, 2011
    Guthrie, Oklahoma
    I had 27 eggs in the incubator and on the 22nd day 2 hatched. It is now day 23 and nothing has happened with the others. Is that bad? Is there still hope for the others? Everthing went smoothly, I don't understand why only 2 hatched. When I candled them on day 17 there was atleast 11 alive. Any stories about your late hatches would be appreciated :) I am happy and thankful I got atleast 2, but this has got to be the worst hatch rate I have ever gotten. And this was my first time actually buying the eggs. So, im a little bit disapointed.

2. Charm1704

Charm1704 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2010
    Elgin, Tx
    I wouldn't give up yet....wait a couple more days, just in case you have some slow ones. If your eggs were shipped the PO might have X-ray ed them if the box wasn't marked hatching eggs...I always mark my boxes and my buyers get excellent hatches....~Charm1704

3. StevieNacole

Apr 27, 2011
    Guthrie, Oklahoma
    Thanks. I bought these eggs from a lady in town.

4. StevieNacole

Apr 27, 2011
    Guthrie, Oklahoma
    Update, One has hatched and I think I heard another. [​IMG] Hopefully I will get more, I guess Im just use to them always hatching on the 21st day.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by