Is there such a thing as a nice Goose???

After breeding season is over just spend as much time as you can outside with them. They may never get close I brought home a female Toulouse almost 5 yrs ago for my gander and she still doesn't like to be touched or handled.  She will take meal worms from me now.  My gander is way to familiar with me since he was hatched here.  But right now the geese are just ornery things and nothing short of tying them up is going to do much to tame them.  Just keep up with what your doing, not letting him get the advantage of you. It's a daily thing here too. Now my gander and Muscovy drake are fighting so I am having to keep them apart. So much fun living with these birds isn't it.  lol

They are a mess but funny! I had to show the bad boy once again who's boss. It seems the more I do this the worse he is getting. I held him longer yesterday and let the oldest pet him, boy did he get mad. I'm about to buy a pool noodle and start popping his butt like I do the boys. LOL I hope after mating season I can at least get them to eat from my hand if noting else.

They are a mess but funny! I had to show the bad boy once again who's boss. It seems the more I do this the worse he is getting. I held him longer yesterday and let the oldest pet him, boy did he get mad. I'm about to buy a pool noodle and start popping his butt like I do the boys. LOL I hope after mating season I can at least get them to eat from my hand if noting else.
They do make life interesting. lol

I have to show Sam he isn't to bite me or hit me with his wings at least 2x a day. he doesn't get it either. and Of an evening I have to literally stuff him inside their house because he thinks that is a good time to pick a fight too. Oh these boys.

I don't even try to pick mine up he is too large. I put him on his belly and hold him just like another gander or in my case drake would do. Face heading away so when I release him he is heading away not towards me.

They do make life interesting.  lol 

I have to show Sam he isn't to bite me or hit me with his wings at least 2x a day. he doesn't get it either. and Of an evening I have to literally stuff him inside their house because he thinks that is a good time to pick a fight too.  Oh these boys. 

I don't even try to pick mine up he is too large.  I put him on his belly and hold him just like another gander or in my case drake would do. Face heading away so when I release him he is heading away not towards me.

I think mine look bigger than they really are, they're Chinese whites and not really heavy at all. It's that long neck I'm worried about because his bite is definitely worse than the honk! Last time he bit the side of my foot it hurt for a good hour so he won't get me again...I keep an eye out for him now. If he doesn't watch it he'll be dinner. Just kidding! EWWW just the thought of eating a pet. NASTY!

I think mine look bigger than they really are, they're Chinese whites and not really heavy at all. It's that long neck I'm worried about because his bite is definitely worse than the honk! Last time he bit the side of my foot it hurt for a good hour so he won't get me again...I keep an eye out for him now. If he doesn't watch it he'll be dinner. Just kidding! EWWW just the thought of eating a pet. NASTY!
it sure is not a good thought. I threaten mine alot but he has been here almost 10 yrs and he knows I don't mean it. Mine is an Embden so he weighs quite a bit more than Chinese. Sam get his neck held so he can't turn and bite me they can strike like a snake can't they lol

Just think come end of may this will all be over and we can actually enjoy them again. unless they have goslings.

it sure is not a good thought.  I threaten mine alot but he has been here almost 10 yrs and he knows I don't mean it.  Mine is an Embden so he weighs quite a bit more than Chinese. Sam get his neck held so he can't turn and bite me they can strike like a snake can't they lol

Just think come end of may this will all be over and we can actually enjoy them again.  unless they have goslings. 

It looks like Laverne is actually staying on eggs today. She sits for a good hour or so then leaves for about an hour and goes to sit. Maybe she will actually hatch some eggs! Lucy doesn't sit, she goes in, gets comdy, lays and leaves. LOL

It looks like Laverne is actually staying on eggs today. She sits for a good hour or so then leaves for about an hour and goes to sit. Maybe she will actually hatch some eggs! Lucy doesn't sit, she goes in, gets comdy, lays and leaves. LOL
That will be so cool. And Lucy will be a great auntie, it take a gaggle to raise goslings
smile.png

That will be so cool.  And Lucy will be a great auntie, it take a gaggle to raise goslings:) .

Lucy would be grandma, she is Laverne's mother. Lavernw decided she wasn't ready I guess. She jumped up when Lucy and Leonardo were mating and as far as I know still hasn't been back on them. GRRR I'm about to put a door on their house and lock her in.
1f606.png
just kidding.

@Miss Lydia I forgot to ask if Leonardo will hurt goslings. Whenever I have little ones outside the girls make weird noises and he is always trying to get to them. I'm constantly having to shoo him away and Lucy looks like she wants them, she will stand still staring even after the other two leave. I'm afraid he wants to hurt them since he is REALLY trying to get to them.

@Miss Lydia I forgot to ask if Leonardo will hurt goslings. Whenever I have little ones outside the girls make weird noises and he is always trying to get to them. I'm constantly having to shoo him away and Lucy looks like she wants them, she will stand still staring even after the other two leave. I'm afraid he wants to hurt them since he is REALLY trying to get to them.
No Leonardo will not hurt the goslings, I guess there might be a gander out there that would but most are very loving daddy's to goslings My gander was even a papa to Muscovy ducklings. Geese love babies.

and hopefully she'll get serious there real soon.
@GeeGi

Last edited:
No Leonardo will not hurt the goslings, I guess there might be a gander out there that would but most are very loving daddy's to goslings My gander was even a papa to Muscovy ducklings.  Geese love babies.

and hopefully she'll get serious there real soon.
@GeeGi

Oh yea! I can stop stressing over him hurting them and they can play while I garden.

Back
Top Bottom