Is there such a thing as a Splash Wyandotte?*pic* Is this one?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Attack Chicken, May 13, 2009.

1. Attack Chicken

Attack Chicken [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Hu

Sep 25, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Does anyone know or have a splash bantam wyandotte? I think I may have a chick that is white with a black splash?

Last edited: May 13, 2009
  2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Yes, there is. Also, blues and blacks. When you breed two blue Wyandottes, you can get BBS.

3. crait

crait Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2008
    Dallas, Texas
    I have a Blue Wyandotte Roo!

[​IMG]

4. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I don't have bantams, but here's a picture of my standard size splash wyandotte hen. I have several younger ones, but no pictures of them.
    [​IMG]

5. Attack Chicken

Sep 25, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Does this look like her? I'm still not sure if this little one is a girl or boy yet. I really hope its a girl. I hatched her/him from what was supposed to be Blue-Laced
    [​IMG]

6. Attack Chicken

Sep 25, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    If you can tell whether or not she/he is a girl or boy that would be welcome to lol

7. amazondoc

amazondoc Cracked Egghead

Mar 31, 2008
    Lebanon, TN
    Any time you have a blue variety in a breed (not counting self-blue/lavender), you're naturally going to have splash birds as well. Blue and splash are caused by the same gene.One copy of the gene makes blue, while two copies of the same gene make splash.

8. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Have you contacted the person you got the eggs from to see what other breeds they have? Maybe another breed's egg got mixed in with the BLRW eggs.

9. Attack Chicken

Sep 25, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    The eggs wasn't BLRW. They were supposed to be Blue-Laced Wyandottes. I got 3 different colored chicks from 3 eggs. One black, grey or blue? and then the splash. You can see the others in the picture.

Katy your hen is beautiful I hope mine turns out just like her!

10. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Quote:When you said blue laced I thought you meant Blue laced red....not just blue. Yes, then you more than likely have a splash wyandotte. My blue wyandottes hatch out blues, blacks and splash chicks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by