Is this a baby wood duck

Haha! If you catch him snap a number of pics, there should be something that's telling. The drakes' eyes will also redden up pretty quick. Hens' eyes stay brown. The white on the face both juvenile hens and drakes get, though hens lose it and drakes keep it. The wing feathers are a good way to tell though. Drakes will also start to get red coming in on their bill at a pretty young age. You can also vent sex, that's really easy on bigger ducklings like that.

The juveniles look similar. Drakes will be fully colored out the fall they hatch though and theill start pretty early. It'll be easy to tell by two-three months old.

Nope hens get that too, haha.
He is pure. That's a nice collection he has.
Where are you located? I’d like to get a mandarin drake from you when you have one available. I’m going to have find a home for the wood duck.

Where are you located? I’d like to get a mandarin drake from you when you have one available. I’m going to have find a home for the wood duck.
I'm in South Dakota.
Why aren't you keeping the wood duck? I would just find him a mate depending on what gender yours is.

I'm in South Dakota.
Why aren't you keeping the wood duck? I would just find him a mate depending on what gender yours is.
I would. I just don’t think it’ll be enough room to add another male mandarin plus a mate for the wood duck

Back
Top Bottom