Is this a barred Cochin?

Koliver2022

Hatching
Jul 13, 2022
Hi! I just joined this page and am in need of assistance. I bought what I thought was a pullet at buccheits today and now am thinking that is a young rooster. Also what breed is this?

I already have one rooster and 5 laying hens. 3 more aren’t laying yet, I also bought those today. Will my existing rooster be okay with another one?

Sorry for all the question. Just debating on taking it back or not.

Attachments

• D321F0B8-69AF-4C5E-A90E-B3C8A80A082B.jpeg
    D321F0B8-69AF-4C5E-A90E-B3C8A80A082B.jpeg
    773.8 KB · Views: 2
Yes, that's a rooster, and he's in pretty rough shape. It's possible that he's a cochin, but it's hard to tell since he has no tail.
It can be hard to add a rooster into a flock with a mature rooster already in it, but it is possible in some cases. It really depends on the individual birds and their personalities.

Yes, that's a rooster, and he's in pretty rough shape. It's possible that he's a cochin, but it's hard to tell since he has no tail.
It can be hard to add a rooster into a flock with a mature rooster already in it, but it is possible in some cases. It really depends on the individual birds and their personalities.
My rooster is a light Brahma and is very docile.

Can you tell me how you can tell this is a rooster?

Are they bantam size or full size chicken? Based on the shape of the rooster and feathered legs, looks like a cochin.
Full sized. But young. Looks like I will be taking it back or selling if it’s a rooster. I have 8 girls and already have a rooster. 😢

Back
Top Bottom