Is this a black sex link? Updated pics at 5 weeks old.

That looks like my hen when she was little. She is a patridge rock ;)

Here she is all grown up.

Your little one is definitely darker. Cute little thing. We will just have to see. Here is one where you can see her back.

Awww they were so cute then lol.

Last edited:
That looks like my hen when she was little. She is a patridge rock
wink.png

Here she is all grown up.
Sorry, but this isn't a partridge Rock. She looks like maybe a Welsummer. A partridge Rock had the lacing on the feathers, not the lighter stripe in the center like your bird does.

Here's a pic off feathersite of a partridge Rock, at least the pic is showing up when I post, but vanishes when I submit. Anyway, a quick search on google or Feathersite will show the difference.
That lacing on the feathers doesn't become apparent until 3-4 months or so. Until they they look like they're brown with black barring.

Last edited:
Sorry, but this isn't a partridge Rock. She looks like maybe a Welsummer. A partridge Rock had the lacing on the feathers, not the lighter stripe in the center like your bird does.

Here's a pic off feathersite of a partridge Rock, at least the pic is showing up when I post, but vanishes when I submit. Anyway, a quick search on google or Feathersite will show the difference.
That lacing on the feathers doesn't become apparent until 3-4 months or so. Until they they look like they're brown with black barring.
x2

OMG!! How awesome!! Lol. You guys are absolutely right. She looks dead on like a Welsummer. She came from a hatchery and was labeled "patridge rock" so who knows. Thanks!!

X3 on that.

Back
Top Bottom