Is this a boy or a girl?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Just_Clucky84, Oct 2, 2010.

1. Just_Clucky84

Just_Clucky84 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 5, 2009
    Boston, MA
    I have an almost 4 month old EE chicken that I need help sexing. Sadly, I think that my "Clementine" is actually a "Clem". Clemmie has a sister (Olivia) and a brother (Wild Bill). All three are the same age. I'm a little confused by the saddle feathers and tail. Wild Bill, Clemmie's brother, really looks like a rooster. Clemmie is smaller than Bill and doesn't have the curly rooster tail. I've seen sexual behavior exhibited by Bill but not by Clem. I've posted pics of all three chickens. It’s probably just wishful thinking on my part that Clemmie isn’t a rooster. I’m not too experienced with EE chickens, especially roosters. I’d be interested to hear what other people think.

This is Clemmie.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is Wild Bill.
    [​IMG]

Little Olivia.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 2, 2010
  2. they'reHISchickens

they'reHISchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2008
    Reading
    If Bill is the same age as Clem, I vote for Clementine.

3. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    I believe Clemmie is a rooster as well. Probably not as well developed because you already have an alpha rooster in Bill. Lower ranking roosters are real good at hiding their gender from the alpha. It's natures way of protecting them from getting their butts beat by the alpha every time they turn around.

4. cashdl

cashdl Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2008
    Willits
    Both boys.

Lanae

5. okiehen

okiehen Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Clem is a rooster.

6. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Both Boys. [​IMG]

7. Just_Clucky84

Just_Clucky84 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 5, 2009
    Boston, MA
    Thanks for the feedback everybody. I'm going to try and keep both boys and see how it goes. Clemmie is such a sweetie that I'd hate to get rid of him. Guess its time to make my coop and run little bit bitter. [​IMG]

8. punky rooster

punky rooster Awesome

Jul 21, 2010
    top 2 boys other 1 is a girl [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by