Is this a boy or girl?

Jennifer Liu

In the Brooder
May 25, 2017
IMG_4708.JPG
IMG_4709.JPG
IMG_4712.JPG
IMG_4713.JPG
Hi, everyone, I am new for the chickens. I just got 4 chicks few weeks ago. The HOA says I only can have hens. But I think on of my chicken I a rooster.

Here are "her" pictures. Is there anyone can tell me that a he or she the (gray/ white one)

Thank you

Welcome to BYC.
I'd guess boy.

Can you tell if the feathers around the neck area are coming in pointy?
Picture is kinda blurry.

:welcome
Do you know the age? The wide white barring, bigger redder comb/wattles, and the legs with out black wash which is a BR pullet trait makes me think cockerel.

How old is the bird? It looks much older then just a few weeks. I am guessing you got started chicks not day olds.

I think she is to dark to be a male and I do not see the saddle feathers looking male.

Just saw the age post.

At that age that is a female. The comb is much to small to be as male and no male saddle feathers.

Where did you buy them?
I bought them from D and L feed store in McKinney Texas
How old is the bird? It looks much older then just a few weeks. I am guessing you got started chicks not day olds.

I think she is to dark to be a male and I do not see the saddle feathers looking male.

Just saw the age post.

At that age that is a female. The comb is much to small to be as male and no male saddle feathers.

Just saw the age post.

Where did you buy them?
I got them from D and L feed store at mckinney Texas, they said thay were from hatchery and 94%sure be girls...

Back
Top Bottom