Is this a boy (rooster) named Sue?

I agree, she/he's so pretty! I'm just worried about having a rooster because we have strict noise laws & we're right next to a big subdivision so someone might report us if they're too loud. :(
Post again at 6 weeks old, then if no consensus is reached, update every week/two weeks. If you can catch a cockerel before he starts crowing, you'll be able to rehome him before noise becomes an issue. Off topic, but I love your profile picture!

Well, if your local laws say you can have chickens and say you can have roos or don't say you can't, then it shouldn't be too bad of an issue. Are people not allowed to have parties either? Or dogs barking in the day? A dog barking can be just as loud as a rooster crowing. Are your neighbors jerks or are they friendly? Have u tried bribing them with free eggs? If he's your only roo and the only problem is the noise, u may be able to keep him. Plenty of things make noise, and generally noise restrictions apply to the nighttime as far as I know.

Post again at 6 weeks old, then if no consensus is reached, update every week/two weeks. If you can catch a cockerel before he starts crowing, you'll be able to rehome him before noise becomes an issue. Off topic, but I love your profile picture!

Thank you! I'll ask again in a week or so.
And to give proper credit - my profile pic is an original character by Karen Hillion that I love, and who looks like a younger cuter version of me. ;)

Well, if your local laws say you can have chickens and say you can have roos or don't say you can't, then it shouldn't be too bad of an issue. Are people not allowed to have parties either? Or dogs barking in the day? A dog barking can be just as loud as a rooster crowing. Are your neighbors jerks or are they friendly? Have u tried bribing them with free eggs? If he's your only roo and the only problem is the noise, u may be able to keep him. Plenty of things make noise, and generally noise restrictions apply to the nighttime as far as I know.

We're on 6 acres next to the subdivision, so I don't really know most people there. I know that a neighbor had a loudly barking dog & he was taken away (though to be fair we only heard their side, so there may have been other reasons). The laws do say we can have 2 chickens per acre, which is double our current flock.

We're on 6 acres next to the subdivision, so I don't really know most people there. I know that a neighbor had a loudly barking dog & he was taken away (though to be fair we only heard their side, so there may have been other reasons). The laws do say we can have 2 chickens per acre, which is double our current flock.
Does it say no roosters

Back
Top Bottom