Is this a Brahma hen?

DS.952

Hatching
Dec 7, 2023
I'd love some help firstly identifying if my 12 week old chick is a hen, and secondly if she's a Brahma? She was hatched from an egg, and I was told it was a a Brahma, but I can't pick which colour she'd be, as she's not a Buff Brahma (she's too light), or a light Brahma (as she's not white!)

Thanks in advance. She's my first chicken and she's lovely.

PXL_20231201_205122122.jpg

PXL_20231206_032131049.jpg

I can't see saddle feathers and the wattles should be larger if a roo. I believe she is a hen. I would call her buff, usually they have black markings as well. She is beautiful!

I was told it was a a Brahma, but I can't pick which colour she'd be, as she's not a Buff Brahma (she's too light), or a light Brahma (as she's not white!)
Your pullet does look like a Brahma, but she is not one of the most common three colors (Light, Buff, Dark). All of them have some black, and your pullet does not.

She looks to me like a Buff Brahma that has all the black turned to white. That color may exist, or someone might be in the process of developing it, but I don't know what to call it.

I'd love some help firstly identifying if my 12 week old chick is a hen, and secondly if she's a Brahma? She was hatched from an egg, and I was told it was a a Brahma, but I can't pick which colour she'd be, as she's not a Buff Brahma (she's too light), or a light Brahma (as she's not white!)

Thanks in advance. She's my first chicken and she's lovely.

View attachment 3700556
View attachment 3700555
She is a very beautiful lemon pyle brahma hen.

Back
Top Bottom