1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Is this a brahma?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by georgialee, Apr 23, 2009.

1. georgialee

georgialee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Knoxville, TN
    I don't have a pic yet, but maybe one of you can tell by my description? One of my chicks is a light yellow with blue/gray over parts of it's body. The feathers are coming in much more slowly than the other chicks (only first row of wing feathers are in whereas my OEGB's entire wings are feathered out). It has feathered feet and it's also bigger than all my other chicks.

Also, it was in the bantam bin but what are the chances of it really being a bantam? Or are the bantam brahmas usually bigger than other bantams?

Last edited: Apr 23, 2009
  2. naturegirl

naturegirl Out Of The Brooder

Mar 24, 2009
    Central New York
    Does it look anything like this chick??

4 weeks old.
    [​IMG]

she was gray with some yellow when a small chick, I have been told she is a light brama

3. georgialee

georgialee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Knoxville, TN
    No. I just saw your thread and that's why I posted mine, lol! Mine is a butter yellow with blue/gray on it's torso area (kind of the way lemon blue cochin babies look) and it's wings are starting to feather out white.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by