Is this a broody ???

Love that broody serious look on her face !!! Mine looks like that too! all fluffed up covering her eggs !! I think theres 8 under her and she due to hatch anytime !!

very nice, I have a broody hen now, I've kept her in a cage all day for a week and as soon as I put ther down to go perch and sleep for the night she jumps unto the eggs in the nest."so it isn't working" I HAVE NO ROOSTER, so all the eggs are infertile. I might have to sell her or something. I live in a city which allows 4 hens, I now have 15...............help.

Maybe you can sell them like craigslist.or Backyard chickens.. One of my broody hen got over it when I keep taking her eggs from her. theres nothing you can do to keep her from sitting there ! Just let her sit, but take her eggs away often, soon she will give up !!

My broody should also have hers hatch out any day ! Nothing I did would break her up, tried for over a week, the used to be sweet little hen is now a mean little hen. It will be interesting to see what she hatches out from your store bought eggs. Your speckled eggs could be so many different kinds of chickens. Good luck on the clutch. Would like to see photos of your babies when they hatch out !

Back
Top Bottom