is this a brown leghorn?

gonzo&hispeeps :

IDK
idunno.gif
I must say, you have a way with photography! I love those pictures!
love.gif

Thanks! I think the camera and chick make me look good
cool.png

Kristian : Thanks for being willing to post up pictures.

The story is that they were the feed store said they accidentally mixed the brown leghorns with another breed. So they marked them down a few bucks and it was sort of a grab bag. I can't remember what the other breed was suppose to be but they told me that the darker ones were probably the leghorns.​

from what I can tell it looks like a brown leghorn. I have Brown leghorns and EE's that are the same age. They are now 24 weeks old. Here are pics so you can see the comparison for your self.

this is the EE
34755_moms_pics_and_stuff_269.jpg

this is the brown leghorn
34755_hatch_3_dels_and_orps_059.jpg

I hope this info and the pics help.

Easter Egger colors can vary considerably. You can not rely 100% on coloring/markings. The cheeks don't look puffy like EE's usually are.

I have a Brown Leghorn that I got as a chick last year. It took several weeks before we figured out what it was. It was supposed to be a Speckled Sussix. My chick looked just like the photo that stefmech posted.

Your photos are very nice but a little too close up. It would be helpful to be able to see the entire chick.

Here are some more pictures a little further away if it helps. Thanks for all of your input so far. I might have to wait a while to know for sure.

IMG_0735.jpg

IMG_0736.jpg

IMG_0730.jpg

and the action shot!
IMG_0731.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom