Is this a california white??

Anime2lover

Keeper of tiny dinos
Apr 17, 2019
My mom bought what were labeled as California white this year. However, their eggs aren't white, but the color of dark colored dough and cooked cookies. Also, they have the darker dough colored heads to. Are they really California whites??? I will post a pic as soon as morning comes.

My mom bought what were labeled as California white this year. However, their eggs aren't white, but the color of dark colored dough and cooked cookies. Also, they have the darker dough colored heads to. Are they really California whites??? I will post a pic as soon as morning comes.
Pictures of the birds in question, and the hatchery they came from, if you know, would help a lot.

Here they are. No eggs yet today to take pics of. They are indeed tsc supplied chicks.
IMG_20201220_135655.jpg
IMG_20201220_135700.jpg
IMG_20201220_135705.jpg
IMG_20201220_135715.jpg

Those are definitely not California whites, which should have no brown or red or buff in their plumage. They should be pure white, often with black flecks.

Your birds look like some other type of hatchery hybrid layer. Maybe amberlinks or something similar.

It's also possible they are something new, like a black sex link crossed with white leghorn layer hybrid.

Those are definitely not California whites, which should have no brown or red or buff in their plumage. They should be pure white, often with black flecks.

Your birds look like some other type of hatchery hybrid layer. Maybe amberlinks or something similar.

It's also possible they are something new, like a black sex link crossed with white leghorn layer hybrid.
Interesting. I looked up those chickens you mentioned and the amberlink comes closest so far. Not sure, but I do know they aren't the chicken my mom wanted. Though the hens we got are indeed great layers so far, but the roosters seem a little aggressive so far.

Back
Top Bottom