Is this a chicken egg?

3DLivestock

Chirping
5 Years
Mar 19, 2018
So I have about nine chickens in my chicken coop. Three of them started laying about a week ago, but the others aren’t supposed to start laying for another four months. So this afternoon I went to check for eggs, when I found this tiny egg in the nesting box. I have had chickens before, so I knew puller eggs were small. But when I saw this I knew it was too small to be true, right? The only reason I am questioning it is because I have a hen that is laying that lays eggs like that, but then I also have two pullets that will lay eggs like that. Those two aren’t supposed to lay eggs for a while. I don’t think it’s a chicken egg, but I just wanted to be sure.

Attachments

• 44A14EC4-69EA-4651-9BA4-5698A11074D1.jpeg
    44A14EC4-69EA-4651-9BA4-5698A11074D1.jpeg
    311.8 KB · Views: 16
Yes that’s a chicken egg! If you crack it open you will find most likely just white, no yolk. I have had several of these from hens who have been laying for years. I think with extended summer daylight hours their egg cycle gets a bit ahead of itself but not enough to produce a fully formed egg. Crazy, right?

Yes that’s a chicken egg! If you crack it open you will find most likely just white, no yolk. I have had several of these from hens who have been laying for years. I think with extended summer daylight hours their egg cycle gets a bit ahead of itself but not enough to produce a fully formed egg. Crazy, right?
Ok. I had talked to some people about it and they said it looked like an American kestrel egg, but I thought that was very unlikely since there were me kestrel nests around.

O put my fairy eggs in a bowl and save them on a shelf. In a few months they dry out. Never had one rot.
Try it if you like to save oddities.

Back
Top Bottom