Is this a cochin Breed?

Castronaut

In the Brooder
Sep 15, 2021
Hi everyone!

I was wondering if this was a cochin chicken?
If so, is it a certain kind of cochin?
and do you know what egg color she will produce?

Attachments

• image0 (6).jpeg
    image0 (6).jpeg
    812.5 KB · Views: 10
Just a quick question. The bird has no feathered feet. Are Blue Marans considered American type or French type?
The American (APA) standard calls for feathered legs along with the French standard. The APA standard was based off the French standard as that's where Marans originated. Clean-legged Marans are bred to the English standard or are simply production-line birds. It really depends on the individual hatchery, but any variety of Marans can be clean or feather-legged. This one has a body type like a hatchery Marans and also has dark face pigmentation which recently I've seen in many Blue Marans :)

The American (APA) standard calls for feathered legs along with the French standard. The APA standard was based off the French standard as that's where Marans originated. Clean-legged Marans are bred to the English standard or are simply production-line birds. It really depends on the individual hatchery, but any variety of Marans can be clean or feather-legged. This one has a body type like a hatchery Marans and also has dark face pigmentation which recently I've seen in many Blue Marans :)
Wow! Thats very interesting. Thanks :)

You
There are plenty of hatchery Marans on this forum with dark eyes so I don't find it strange :)
you have been so helpful thank u so much . If u don’t mind could you give me any input what type of chicken this one is ?

Attachments

• 2B1A91F2-34A8-43E0-8B9F-E570F63F79C7.jpeg
    2B1A91F2-34A8-43E0-8B9F-E570F63F79C7.jpeg
    671.3 KB · Views: 6

Back
Top Bottom