Is this a Delaware rooster?

McChooky

Free Ranging
Nov 11, 2020
Appalachian Mountains
This guys owner says they've had him a couple years but are tired of him getting his butt whipped by their Cochin. They want him to have a good home for sentimental reasons and have offered to give him to me free . Anyone here know if he's a Delaware or not and if he looks to be 2 or 3 yrs old? Thank you for your time!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-11-29 at 18-18-50 Facebook.png
    Screenshot 2021-11-29 at 18-18-50 Facebook.png
    408.4 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot 2021-11-29 at 09-05-39 (1) Wv Chickens Adoption Rehoming Facebook.png
    Screenshot 2021-11-29 at 09-05-39 (1) Wv Chickens Adoption Rehoming Facebook.png
    557.9 KB · Views: 7
The columbia feather pattern, the black feathers are barred, and the body conformation looks pretty close to what it should be. Probably a Delaware.

It's hard to tell the age of a mature chicken. The spurs don't look overly developed and the scales on the legs don't look all that rough, so probably not that old.

The columbia feather pattern, the black feathers are barred, and the body conformation looks pretty close to what it should be. Probably a Delaware.

It's hard to tell the age of a mature chicken. The spurs don't look overly developed and the scales on the legs don't look all that rough, so probably not that old.
Appreciate the help thanks!

Thanks! I'm removing the ramp to increase floor space, replacing the pop up door with a hinged door and making a longer roosting bar .This guys twice the size of my hens!

Back
Top Bottom