Is this a drake feather already?

Colley12

Songster
Aug 26, 2022
Oregon
My little guy is just around 8 weeks. He's a boy based on whispering voice you guys helped me with, is this his drake feather curl already? It's pretty small. He's had it for a couple of days...wasn't sure if he just has a feather coming in weird or if they can get them that early and this one is only just starting and that's why it's so small?

Attachments

• 20220912_135901.jpg
    20220912_135901.jpg
    599 KB · Views: 7
  • 20220912_135939.jpg
    20220912_135939.jpg
    681 KB · Views: 2
Some Drake's get their Drake feathers early some much later. Sizes of the drake feathers also vary. Usually they will have a couple small ones and 1-2 larger more noticable drake feathers by the time they fully mature. However, if he is already getting Drake feathers he may start getting extra hormonal much earlier than usual.

Some Drake's get their Drake feathers early some much later. Sizes of the drake feathers also vary. Usually they will have a couple small ones and 1-2 larger more noticable drake feathers by the time they fully mature. However, if he is already getting Drake feathers he may start getting extra hormonal much earlier than usual.
That makes sense! My other drake is huge compared to this one and he has no drake feathers, but I was able to tell he was a drake sooner because his whisper was so prominent. Funny how they all mature and change at different t rates!

Watch out, girls!
I know! There's been a lot more, I guess "flirting" in the kiddie pool, zooming around with this guy. Nibbling on each other necks the last few days. It's still way to early. But interesting to already see how they react to each other.

My big drake moves slow and the girls boss him around. He doesn't really seem interested in the girls. Hoping it stays that way, at least for awhile, because I know one of the guys is going to have to go at some point! :barnie

Back
Top Bottom