Half-a-dozen

Songster
12 Years
May 26, 2007
NJ
DH..........
roll.png
ya see it really is ALL their fault- LOL LOL

anyway, he is taking much longer than expected in constructing our incubator soooo I had to use some of the eggs for by the time he gets the incubator done, up and running these will have been sitting out to long.

I cracked one open to see if I can tell if it was fertile or not. I heard a lot of you talk about a "bullseye" in the center if it is a fertile egg??? This is a picture of an egg 3 days sitting out waiting to go to the bator.
If ya look hard and close
big_smile.png
you can see a lil white dot of ????
Is this what everyone means by a bullseye???

Could this have been fertile or am I just imagining things
roll.png

Thanks for your help.
hu.gif

Fertileegg.jpg

Fertileegg2.jpg

Fertileegg1.jpg

jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif

Ohhhh thank you, I AM SOOOOOOOOOOO EGGCITED!!!!!!!!!

yippie.....now all I have to do is light the fire under DH
roll.png

wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif

Can't wait till we can make our own chickies!!!!

hmmm well Miss Prissy knows way more than I do but it looks like some I cracked to check fertility and got a hatch from. There's only one good way to find out, incubate them! Best of luck

It's hard to say on that one. Some do look much more pronounced than the one in your pic, but then again, it has a more definite bullseye type look than just a small white dot. They don't all look identical, which can make it hard to say on some of them.

Thanks everyone!

I looked at Speckledhen's post from some time ago and put a couple more pics on there (new ones and different egg) asking some questions about them.

Thanks again for your help!!
frow.gif

I think it's fertile...I would gather a few eggs and try hatching them out...at day 7 if you don't see any veining when candling you will know they aren't...got nothing to lose...

Back
Top Bottom