Is this a good coop for me? *~EDIT~* new coop!

Sorry but no that is not at all large enough or certainly not worth the money. Spend the $500 and build them one. For that kind of money they could have a palace in comparison if you built it yourself. Plenty of designs here on BYC look around. Good luck.

Great design. To bad they are a little misleading on the actual size of the house. Seems a little small but it is also no where near what production hens have to endure. Backyard hens have it made.

I got mine from a Craigslist ad. We had to drive a 90 minutes away to get it, but it was a guy who makes chicken coops on the side. It was great workmanship, big enough for our 7 hens and CHEAP! You might give it a try and do a search on your local Craigslist to see if anyone locally makes them.

NO...... That is WAY to small for what you are looking for. With 7 hens you need something in the way of AT LEAST 28sf. Look at it this way, a standard sheet of plywood is 4x8 and is 32sf. For 500 bucks, you could build yourself a nice coop.... Thats the direction I would be taking. Hope this helps....

Sorry, my bad.... I was talking about the first coop you posted...LOL... Once again, my bad. The second link you put up is good for what you want. Remember, a minimum of 4sf. Per chicken. If you go by that, you really con't go wrong. Also if you can, try to go over the 4sf. mark. That way you have the availability to increase your flock size is you ever wanted to, and the more room your flock has, the less stress they have, and the happier they will be. My coop is a masonry building (over 500sf.) divided into 2 sections, so a pic would not really help you in this situation. However I would gladly post some if you want to see it.

Oh yes, id love to see it!
wink.png

Quote:

Back
Top Bottom