IS THIS A GOOD DEAL OR WHAT??? UPDATE!!!

I wonder if these are the Cornish Rock? Isn't that an actual breed and not a hybrid?
They were so big but they didn't exactly look like my meat birds that I processed.

Are there different names for meat birds or Broilers?

I will post a pic when I get them.

Cornish Rock is another name for cornish x, meat bird, broiler, and so on. They are a cross between a cornish line and a rock line that have been specially bred for meat.

However, how old are these birds? They do start gaining a lb a week or more after 8 weeks old, so may be "huge". Add that to running around like a layer, they may look better.

Quote:
The difference is that by the time I culled and processed mine @ 8 wks. they were about 5 lb dressed and looked like ZOMBIES.

These are twice the size but they seemed so alert and bright.......but still very broad breasted and same colors and very much like a meat bird body wise.

I was just amazed at how normal they looked from the neck up.

What breeds do they use to develop the Cornish X?

Silkie.......I don't have a clue how old they are. This woman got them 3 weeks ago and thought they were layers.

She said the Roo's crow. I dunno!

I just looked up a picture of the White Rock, showed it to DH and we both agree these chickens look more like a WR than a cornish.

Anyone know how large a WR gets? I'm not scheduled to pick them up before tomorrow and am wondering if I made a mistake.

They just don't have that empty/zombie look like my meaties had but definately had the broad breast.

I'm confused............

They crow huh. Well... interesting... if you intend to eat them, I'd just get them and eat them. May just have to slow cook them if the first test bird is tough.

Cornish x are a cross between a white rock and a white cornish.

Back
Top Bottom