Is this a good price for a starter set?

seismic wonder2

I got mad ninja skills
12 Years
Feb 3, 2007
san diego ca
Not sure if this should be here or the "other birds and poltryetc..." forum but I figured that since it's a bator/brooder combo to put it here.

Is this a good deal?

Quail Starter Kit

Product Information

350_0718.gif

Everything you need to start producing quail including eggs! Each kit contains the following: 1 #1590 Pre-Set Electronic Thermostat Turbofan Incubator, 1 #1610 Automatic Egg Turner, 1 #0534 Game bird Brooder, 1 #5003 Game Chick Feeder, 1 #4458 Chick Waterer (Base & Jar), 2 #0421 Brooder Bulbs, 1 # 9314 Book on Raising Bobwhite Quail, 1 Setting of 30 Quail Eggs. No Substitutions.

Price: $364.99 $339.95

Last edited:
I personally would buy everything separately except the brooder and use a cardboard box with reptile/brooder lamp instead. May cost less and most commercial brooders are tiny.

I don't think the 1590 is made any longer it was replaced with the 1588. GQF is the maker of hovabator. You can buy a new 1588 with turner (chicken and quail egg racks) and a set of quail eggs for $168 .

Waterers at the feed store $4

You can make a brooder out of a rubbermaid tote with a hardware cloth mesh lid. $10 Mine cost nothing because I already had things at home to use.

quail5.jpg

Get the gamebird starter from your feed store. That stuff is too heavy to ship and add cost to the package. 50lbs = $14

Many states require a permit to raise bobwhte quail. That will cost you $12 - $15.

It is much cheaper to do this yourself than to buy that package.

Back
Top Bottom